CALL FOR ENTRIES
Cities, particularly in the Global South grow much faster than the resources needed to sustain the people living in it. The urban sprawl creates critical and often neglected peri-urban areas-the interface between the urban-rural. As a part of our international project PIVOT which explores the peri-urban, as a key frontier in addressing the challenges of sustainable and resilient urban development, We invite original photographs which captures and reflects the characteristics of the peri-urban areas in diverse context across the globe. The two main themes are:
the everyday life
the challenges and issue in the peri-urban
Submission and Shortlisting Process:
- Submit your photos by filling out this Contest Entry Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31 2021. Shortlisted works will be notified two weeks after the deadline.
- First stage of shortlisting will be done based on the eligibility criteria and responsiveness to the theme.
- Shortlisted works submitted will be posted on our website and social media (Twitter and Instagram) for public voting.
- Voting ends 5st Sep 2021. Winners will be announced 15th Sep 2021.
- Top 20 most liked images will be part of our online virtual exhibition and will receive certificate of participation.
- Top 5 photographs will be selected, and the contributors will be given an opportunity to present their work virtually in the international project conference in October 2021, and will be published in the conference proceedings. Contributors will receive full acknowledgement in the publication
Eligibility, Instructions and Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old.
- Participation is free of charge.
- Participants must submit a high-resolution copy of their images (300 DPI)
- Images can be landscape or portrait.
- Must be original works.
- Ensure people who appear in the picture and are identifiable have given their consent to appear in the picture (the written or oral consent of identifiable people must be attached along with the entry format and photographs). Entries with identifiable people that do not attach consent will not be taken into consideration for the contest.
- By submitting an image, the participant gives PIVOT team the right to share your image on social media and future publications in the conference proceedings
- PIVOT team takes no responsibility for infringement of 3rd party rights and the contributor will incur any and all penalties associated with infringing on a 3rd Party’s rights to the photo.
- PIVOT team reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest at its discretion.
- Entries may be preserved as a permanent public reference resource within the PIVOT website or elsewhere and may also be used for education, broadcasting, selected commercial uses, and on the internet.